David P. Thomas moved to Wilmington, NC at the age of 4 in 1955. He is married to Diane Thomas and they have two sons, Joe and David III. He has been involved in youth athletic activities in school and while raising his sons. He volunteered as co-director then director of the Eastern Surfing Association Southern NC District for several years. Hobbies include surfing, fishing, hunting, photography, and working with his Labrador Retriever “Suga”. He is a member of the Board of Directors of Cape Fear River Watch and the Wilmington – Cape Fear Home Builders Association, and was elected in the New Hanover County general election and currently serving on the Board of Supervisors for the New Hanover Soil and Water Conservation District.
His construction experience is outlined below.
- 1971 Spiritine Chemical Co. summer work treating foundations and crawlspaces for termites.
- Davis Electrical Contractors, electricians helper building the DuPont plant in Leland.
- F&D Construction, carpenter helper, residential homes.
- Miller Builders Corp., carpenter helper, residential multifamily units.
- Steve Mott Const., carpenter helper, residential single family and multi family units.
- US Development Inc., framing carpenter, multi family units.
- Brown & Root Corp., dredging operations Texas gulf coast.
- Willis Marine Industries, carpenter, docks and bulkheads.
- West Sail Co. Interior finish carpenter, custom sailboats.
- Flowers Const., carpenter, residential single family and multi family units.
- 1986 Passed the NC General Contractor license examination and founded D.P. Thomas Const.
- 2004 D.P. Thomas Construction Inc., incorporated under authorization from the NC Sec. of State.
- He has participated in courses sponsored by the National Association of Homebuilders, the N.C. Homebuilders Association and the Wilmington-Cape Fear Homebuilders Association, and is a Certified Green Professional.